Here is an outline of the public agenda and reports for the March 3, 2015 board meeting.
– Lighthouse Award: This award is presented monthly to recognize various partnership organizations that provide services or supports to CBE students.
– Monitoring of policy OE-8: Communication with and Support for the Board (pg. 5-1 to 5-18). “The Chief Superintendent shall ensure that the Board is supported in its work and is fully and adequately informed about matters relating to Board work and significant organizational concern.” The Chief Superintendent has found this policy to be in compliance.
The following reports are on the “Consent Agenda” which means that they become part of the public record, but are not discussed during the board meeting. All motions for action items on the consent agenda are unanimously approved unless a trustee “pulls” the item off of the consent agenda for a vote.
– Trustee Remuneration Committee – Terms of Reference (pg. 8-10 to 8-11). Changing one of the required members to simply “a parent representative.”
– Official Correspondence sent by the Board of Trustees (pg. 8-19 to 8-20). Update to the Education Minister on Elbow Park School.
– Summative Evaluation of the Chief Superintendent (pg. 8-21 to 8-24). The evaluation of the Chief is identical to the evaluation of the organization. Thus, this is simply a summary of the monitoring reports over the past year.
– Trustee Liaison Report – Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) Board of Directors (pg. 8-7 to 8-9). Budget assumptions for the ASBA’s 2015-16 budget.
– Chief Superintendent’s Update (8-12 to 8-18). Quarterly update of progress being made with regards to records management in the CBE.
You can watch the proceedings in person at the Education Centre (1221 – 8 St. SW) or online either live, or through the video recording posted within a few days of the meeting. All board meetings begin at noon.
- Feb. 10, 2013 Board Meeting
- My update to school councils