Here is an outline of the public agenda and reports for the January 13, 2015 board meeting.
– Lighthouse Award: This award is presented monthly to recognize various partnership organizations that provide services or supports to CBE students.
– Monitoring of policy OE-6: Financial Administration (pg. 6-1 to 6-15). “The Chief Superintendent shall not cause or allow any financial activity or condition that materially deviates from the budget adopted by the Board; cause or allow any fiscal condition that is inconsistent with achieving the Board’s Results or meeting any Operational Expectations goals; or places the long-term financial health of the organization in jeopardy.” The Chief Superintendent has found this policy to be in compliance with the exception of two of the eleven policy subsections.
– Monitoring of policy OE-7: Asset Protection (pg. 6-16 to 6-28). “The Chief Superintendent will ensure that all organizational assets are adequately protected, properly maintained, appropriately used and not placed at undue risk.” The Chief Superintendent has found this policy to be in compliance.
– Proposed Amendment to Governance Policies: Results (pg. 7-1 to 7-5). Two policy subsections are being moved from one Results policy to another, but no additions or deletions of policy are being proposed.
– Proposed Amendment to Governance Policies: Operational Expectations (pg. 7-6 to 7-20). Changes are being proposed to eight different operational expectations policies. The proposed changes range from some policy subsections simply moving from one place to another, to changing the wording of the policy to improve clarity, while others are additions of new policy. These proposed policy changes and additions are coming forward for first reading. Following the receipt of an impact statement from CBE administration, the policy would need to go to second reading before being adopted as CBE policy.
The following reports are on the “Consent Agenda” which means that they become part of the public record, but are not discussed during the board meeting. All motions for action items on the consent agenda are unanimously approved unless a trustee “pulls” the item off of the consent agenda for a vote.
– Revision to the Schedule of Regular Board Meetings (pg. 8-10 to 8-11). Changing the April 21, 2015 public board meeting to April 7, 2015.
– Board Meeting Procedures Recommendations (pg. 8-12 to 8-15). Extending the pilot projectof the board procedures until June 2015 (originally approved in June 2014 for a pilot project period of September to December 2014).
– Official correspondence received by the Board of Trustees (pg. 8-8 to 8-14).
– Chief Superintendent’s Update (8-1 to 8-7). Quarterly update of progress being made with regards to records management in the CBE.
You can watch the proceedings in person at the Education Centre (1221 – 8 St. SW) or online either live, or through the video recording posted within a few days of the meeting. All board meetings begin at noon.
- Dec. 2, 2014 Board Meeting
- Jan. 20, 2015 Board Meeting