Here is an outline of the public agenda and reports for the February 3, 2015 board meeting.
– Lighthouse Award: This award is presented monthly to recognize various partnership organizations that provide services or supports to CBE students.
– Monitoring of policy R-3: Citizenship (pg. 4-1 to 4-23). “Each student will be a responsible citizen.” The Chief Superintendent has met or exceeded nine of the twelve targets used to demonstrate evidence of reasonable progress.
– Monitoring of policy OE-12: Facilities (pg. 5-1 to 5-16). “The Chief Superintendent shall ensure that physical facilities support the accomplishment of the Board’s Results policies.” The Chief Superintendent has found this policy to be in compliance.
The following reports are on the “Consent Agenda” which means that they become part of the public record, but are not discussed during the board meeting. All motions for action items on the consent agenda are unanimously approved unless a trustee “pulls” the item off of the consent agenda for a vote.
– OE-6: Financial Administration (pg. 8-9). While amendments to the original motion were unanimously approved at the last board meeting, the main amended motion was never voted on. This simply corrects this oversight.
– Official correspondence received by the Board of Trustees (pg. 8-6 to 8-8). Letter from the Deputy Minister of Education approving 19 modular classrooms for the next school year (the CBE requested 28 modulars).
– Trustee Liaison Report – Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA) Board of Directors (8-1 to 8-5). Contains highlights from the ASBA board of directors’ meetings in October, December and January.
You can watch the proceedings in person at the Education Centre (1221 – 8 St. SW) or online either live, or through the video recording posted within a few days of the meeting. All board meetings begin at noon.
- Jan. 20, 2015 Board Meeting
- Feb. 10, 2015 Board Meeting